Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Joy that is Pentatonix!

Hello Wonderlandians,

Today I will be talking about one of my favorite acapella groups. They started of on the Sing Off and as of late they have been doing really really well, which is great news! If you have yet to hear this group, I highly recommend you do so.

PTX, as their name is often shortened to, has released 3 albums now. I own all 3 and they were a really good investment. I had the pleasure of seeing them live at their Oakland performance at the Fox Theater!

They were amazing! They not only carried themselves really well throughout the performance, but if you keep tabs on them on YouTube their personalities came through as well, which is a big plus because they have some of the most excellent personalities.

They began the show by singing their Daft Punk Medley which you can listen to here:
This, I thought, was an excellent song to open with! It showcases every one of their talents. The song I was most excited to hear was Run to You. It is such a beautiful song and it is so different than anything they have done before. If you haven't heard that here is a link to that:
Not sure how it was even possible, but it was even better live. You could hear their voices a lot clearer and just wow.

On another seemingly random, but related note. Hats off to Kirstin and Mitch! Kirstin I feel sometimes gets swallowed in their music, but hearing her in the live performance she has a strong powerful voice that is a force to be reckoned with! As for Mitch, holy high notes!! I knew Mitch had range, but it was staggeringly more amazing live. This goes for all the Pentatonix members they were definitely on point with their performances!

Here are some pictures from the concert!


Enough of my ramblings and until next time!

Yours Truly,
Abstract Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment