Monday, February 3, 2014

My Drugstore Foundation Routine!

Hello Wonderlandians!

As you may have noticed I have been not so active this past month. I have no excuses I am just bad with keeping up with things...hopefully all will improve from now on! Anyway Today I will be sharing with you my drugstore go to foundation routine for Winter.


Products I used:
  • Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream in Light
  • Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in Light
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent 001
  • Pixi Beauty Bronze in Subtly Suntouched

 How to:

I would like to say that I usually use primers on my face, as I find that they help my makeup last longer. That being said when I am using BB creams I do not use primers as most BB creams have 'skin perfecting' benefits which I like to take advantage of...




First, you want to take your BB cream and apply it on your face. I use the 'dotting' method, because I find that it helps me evenly apply foundations/ BB creams to my face. I then blended the product unto my face using my clean fingers. This is my favorite way to apply BB creams in general. I like to let the BB cream settle for about a minute before applying powder.


Second, take your concealer and apply underneath your eyes and extend a bit to the cheeks to provide a highlight. I also apply it around my nose to hide redness and on choice spots that may need a bit of covering up.


Thirdly, take your favorite drugstore powder and apply over the BB cream. I am using my favorite drugstore powder the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. I apply the powder on my T-zone first and then spread it to the rest of my face. I have pretty oily skin so this is a must for me. If you have dry skin I recommend skipping this step entirely.

Lastly, take your bronzer and add a bit of contouring. I put some in the hollows of my cheeks and  around my hairline.

And then you're done!

If you want to find out how to achieve my bluesy eyeshadow look in this picture check out next weeks post!

Yours truly,

Abstract Alice
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment