Monday, April 8, 2013

Summer Memories a poem by me....

Summer Memories

Summer days
Are here to stay
From all those years ago
I recall my melting icicle
From that summer long ago
The sun’s hot rays
And night’s cool winds
From that summer long ago
That scar I got
From falling
Off my favorite tree
I believe it to be Weeping
And I’m sure I named it Willow
The hiking trail
That leads us home
Well, I remember was much longer
Than the one we took to get there
To the park ten blocks away
Or maybe I was tired
Therefore making it much harder
I miss those summers
From all those years ago
Back to when my troubles
Were merely having sticky fingers
From that melting icicle
That summer long ago

A poem I wrote about a year ago that I thought I would share considering summer is fast approaching /^_^)/


No comments:

Post a Comment