Friday, December 20, 2013

Joy to the Girls Review

Hello Wonderlandians!

Today I will be reviewing the Joy to the Girls palette by Too Faced. This was probably THE most excited I have been for a palette. I love makeup and I sincerely love Christmas so when you put them both together I can hear a choir in the background. I first came across this palette while browsing holiday sets online. The other palette I was really wanting was the Few of your Favorite Things Palette, but unfortunately they ran out before I could get my hands on it.

Well without further ado:

I was very excited to find this in my mail box! Excuse the other products in this picture, I forgot to take a picture of the front.
 
Here is what the product looks like on the inside. As you can see it gives you some 'Looks' which serve great as a guideline to those fresh into the makeup world. As you can see above the palette comes with 15 eyeshadows and a full sized Lashgasm Mascara.

L-R: Cookie Dough, Cheers!, and Prancer

L-R: Sugar Plum, Mulberry, and Snow Angel

L-R: Powdered Sugar, Too-Too, and Yule Log


L-R: Chestnut, Twinkle, and Joy
L-R: Spike the Punch, Chimney, and Coal

All these swatches were done without primer. I have to say overall I really liked the color payoff. There were a couple that I thought could have been better executed like: Prancer and Yule Log. My favorites in the palette are: Twinkle, Mulberry, and Chestnut.

I have to say I actually really liked this mascara for my bottom lashes. I prefer a fuller brush end for my top lashes, but this thinner end makes it perfect for coating bottom lashes.

Alice Points:
-This palette offers plenty of colors to play with. It comes with 5 matte colors (Cookie Dough, Mulberry, Snow Angel, Powdered Sugar, and  Coal), 9 I consider shimmers (Cheers!, Prancer, Sugar Plum, Too-Too, Yule Log, Chestnut, Joy, Spike the Punch, and Chimney) and 1 I consider to be metallic (Twinkle). Plus I live that they all have very festive names!
-I appreciate the full sized mascara

Red Queen Points:
-Some of the color do have excessive fall out, which is kind of sad
- Color Payoff was good, but I thought it could have been a bit better

Overall I give this palette 9 out of 10 tarts. I know this may seem rather high considering, but honestly I do love this palette and although it has things that could be better, simply having it be Christmas themed is a plus for me.

Hope you enjoyed this rather long review and until next time!

Yours Truly,

Abstract Alice
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment