Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Why my piercings are a big deal...

Hello Wonderlandians,

It has come to my attention recently (in light of a couple events) that some people see piercings as nothing more than just that a piercing, and to a point I suppose they are...but to me they have come to mean much more than just piercings, they are a part of my identity.

Backstory:
-I am pretty much the worlds biggest scaredy cat when it comes to needle or pain in general. I have been wanting my nose piercing since middle school and it took me about 9 years after that to decide to finally get it, I would work through the pain and through my fear of needles. I finally got it done on October 12th, 2014. Surprisingly I did not cry, although my eyes did water after the piercing was in. I can tell you more about my experience later, if you would like.
-Just recently, yesterday in fact, I took out my stud to try and put a hoop in. Well it didn't go as smoothly as I would have hoped and I couldn't get the hoop in. So I tried putting my original stud back in (L-shaped), but couldn't get that to go through either. I tried several times to get it in and it kind of turned into a bloody mess (sorry tmi) I finally gave up and iced my pierced area for it had become very sore at this point. I tried again later thinking the swelling had gone down, but to know avail. I sit here writing this without my nose piercing.
-I am very easily attached to things and when I set my mind to do something, I more often than not do said thing. Even if it may take me a while to actually do it. Like I mentioned above, it took me 9 years to finally get my nose pierced and I am abundantly bummed about my situation currently.

My Point:
-In my recent events, I have been told I am overreacting (which I admit I am guilty of), but this is a huge deal for me. The prospects of either a.)having to try and shove my piercing back in or b.) getting it re-pierced are daunting and to be perfectly honest nerve-wrecking. It took me years to mentally build the nerve to do it and now it might potentially be gone, yes, I am upset. No, I will not just get over it, and I will most definitely be sad. Good day to you sir/ma'am!

I'm mostly venting and I apologize, until next time!

Yours Truly,

Abstract Alice
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment