Friday, July 31, 2015

July Random Favorites

Hello Wonderlandians,

I have for you another random favorites :)

TV Shows

  1. Dragons - Race to the Edge: I absolutely love the How to Train Your Dragon franchise. I have a cat named Toothless for heaven's sake. When I saw this was coming to Netflix, you can bet the launch date was on my planner <3
  2. Friends: I know this show is an older one, but one of my best friends LOVES this show and we started watching it together and I am hooked. The characters are great and I'm quite enjoying watching Friends with a friend :)
Music
  1. Kat Dahlia: I don't really know how I came around to first hearing of her, but her song Gangsta, for whatever reason, is one of my favorite songs or at least I listen to it a lot. I like the raspy nature of her voice and her rhythm. 
  2. Melanie Martinez: One day while scrolling past my Facebook feed, I saw this lady's album being sponsored on my page. Her hair is what caught my attention, its half blue and half black. That lead to a spiraling YouTube search of her songs and they were fascinating, enough for me to keep listening.
  3. Zara Larsson: This young lady is only 17 years old, and she is making great music. Her voice kind of reminds me of Rihanna, but just slightly. My friend introduced me to her and I've been enjoying listening to her on our rides home together (we carpool a lot).
Movies
  1. Terminator: This movie was actually really good. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed watching it. I would say if you weren't sure about going to go see it, please do. 
  2. Ant-Man: I was a wee bit concerned about this movie and ever so slightly confused as to why they would make this movie before any other superhero movie, but I found myself quite enjoying this movie :D I would recommend going to see it!!!
Books
  1. An Earthly Knight: This month was the month of re-reading. I have read both of these books before. I am a big fan of fantasy writing, more so if it's medieval based and has a strong female character. This book did not disappoint. I liked the story line and the book kept me engaged.
  2. Heart's Blood: The author of this novel has quickly become one of my favorite authors. I have read most of her books and I look forward to reading the rest. The characters are so well developed in her books and you literally take them under your wing. I loved this book!
Snacks
  1. Cucumber w/ Lime & Tajin: This may be slightly weird for some of you, but I grew up putting this stuff on everything. Cucumbers just happen to be a personal favorite. I'm pretty bad about drinking water, so I at least try to eat water based fruits to get some hydration.
YouTuber
  1. Biohazerdous Beauty: I've always had an attraction to darker makeup and styles. I found this YouTube channel fairly recently, but I am obsessed. She does Sample Saturdays and I have been binge watching for the last month. Makeup skills are flawless :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment