Saturday, December 26, 2015

Top 5 Palettes for Beginners

Hello Wonderlandians,

Recently I was asked by a friend which palette I would recommend for makeup newbies...and I must say that it was really hard to answer this question. I have quite a few palettes and I love them all dearly...well most of them anyway. In this post I will tell you which palettes I believe will be best for beginners.

Here we go!

Palettes I currently own:
  • Urban Decay's Naked 3 
  • Urban Decay's Vice 3 
  • Urban Decay's Naked Basics
  • BH Cosmetics' 1st Edition 
  • BH Cosmetics' 3rd Edition
  • BH Cosmetics' Day to Night
  • Lime Crime's Venus
  • Lime Crime's Venus II 
  • Too Faced's Joy to the Girl
  • Too Faced's Return of Sexy 
  • Wet n Wild Fergie Centerstage
  • Disney Cinderella Ready for the Ball Look Book
Top 5 recommended for beginners:
  1. Wet n Wild Fergie Centerstage- I would highly recommend this for anyone who is just beginning playing with makeup. The palette itself is inexpensive and the pigmentation is great for this palette. They are also mostly neutral colors for everyday wear. You have a good mix of shimmer, matte, and kind of metallic/foil. 
  2. Urban Decay Naked Basic- I would also recommend this palette to beginners. The colors are easy to work with and you can create a multitude of 'natural' looks with this small palette. If you were wanting to splurge a little I would recommend this palette. I usually carry this around with me for everyday looks, because it is small it is easy to travel with. You get all mattes in this palette and one shimmery color. 
  3. BH Cosmetics Day to Night- This palette has a good mix of day to night wearable eyeshadows, and it also provides some pop of color. This is a great palette for someone who is just beginning, because it gives you a range to choose from without feeling overbearing. They did a great job of giving you colors that work well with each other. They also included some bright colors in there for you to play with.
  4. BH Cosmetics 120 Palette (1st Edition)- This one is a tad different than the two I already mentioned. I am recommending this one who is wanting to play with colors and more bolder looks. This palette is inexpensive (especially if you manage to get it on sale). It comes with various tones of all different colors, most not so neutral. Like I said though, if you are wanting to experiment with color this is your best bet. Keep in mind that this palette has mostly matte eyeshadows. There is a shimmery palette BH Cosmetics does, but I'm not sure which edition that is.
  5. Urban Decay Naked Range- I put this last not because I don't think it will make a good palette for beginners, but because if you are just getting into makeup picking the right naked palette for you can be difficult. I say this from experience. I used to have the Naked palette the 1st one and I loved it. Due to travel it ended up braking on me and I tossed it. I then decided to not repurchase and purchase the Naked 3 instead. I like the Naked 3 palette, but I don't think it is the best on me personally. Despite this I still think these will make great beginner palettes, just be weary when deciding on which one to get. 
These are all in my opinion and these are what I would get someone I know who is just beginning to get into makeup. That's all I have to share for now and until next time!

Yours Truly,

Abstract Alice
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment