Monday, January 11, 2016

Hairspiration No.7~ Vitamin C Fading Method

Hello Wonderlandians,

Recently or somewhat recently I had decided to try out the grey fad color going around. Due to the sheer number of colors  y hair has gone through, this proved to be a rather interesting turn of events.

The Walk Through:

Prior to the going grey, I had purple in my hair which had faded out to this:

I then took some One 'n Only Color Fix and removed the remnant purple, but it didn't lift all of it as it has in the past. I think this was mostly due to visibility on my end, most of the product that stayed was towards the back of my head. 

Not noticing this sooner, I went ahead and began to tone my hair grey with the Wella Color Charm Liquid Permanent Hair Color Additive in Cool Violet (#050), which did turn most of the parts that had the color lifted grey. Where the remnant purple was however, went even more purple with a hint of grey...so I added some Overtone Silver dye on top. I tried rocking this funky grey/purple/blue/green color for a bit, but I couldn't do it.


So the next step I took was to wash my hair everyday for about a week and then use the Vitamin C method to fade out my grey mistake.

What You Need:

  • Vitamin C Pills/Tablets
  • Head and Shoulders (or any clarifying shampoo)
  • Dawn Dish Soap (or any dish soap)

The Mixture:

  1. Crush some Vitamin C pills into a powder. Try and make it as finely milled as you can, this will make it easier to apply.
  2. Add in about a teaspoon of dish soap
  3. Add in clarifying shampoo. I added in enough to have enough product for my hair. Which ended up being quite a bit for my long hair.
  4. Mix these 3 things together until you have sort of a foamy product.
  5. Apply to areas you would like to fade the color.

This picture that follows is the before and after of using this mixture on my hair.
It actually lifted quite a bit and I was very happy that my hair didn't feel any more damaged. This was my hair prior to applying a second dose of the Vitamin C mixture to my hair, I mostly concentrated the product on the purple bits with a bit of help from my mother.

I unfortunately did not take a picture after this, but the purple did lift quite a bit more and left it looking closer to a very very faded pink/purple color. Which worked just fine for the color I would be doing next on my hair.

That's all for now and until next time!

Yours Truly,

Abstract Alice
xoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment